With a more delicate and sweeter flavor than onions, leeks add a subtle touch to recipes without overpowering the other flavors that are present.
* Healthy sauté leeks and fennel. Garnish with fresh lemon juice and thyme.
* Add finely chopped leeks to salads.
* Make vichyssoise, a cold soup made from puréed cooked leeks and potatoes.
* Add leeks to broth and stews for extra flavoring.
* Braised leeks sprinkled with fennel or mustard seeds makes a wonderful side dish for fish, poultry or steak.
* Add sliced leeks to your favorite omelet or frittata recipe.